DEPARTMENT OF ENT
It is a well-established and well-equipped department in the college. It was established in the year 1989 and currently caters to 150 undergraduate students and 3 postgraduate students per year recognized by NMC. The department has highly qualified specialists with experience spanning over 4 decades in the field of ENT. They were trained at prestigious institutes and have the requisite global exposure to treat any condition.
Department of ENT & Head & Neck Surgery
The motto of the department is ‘good patient care and good teaching’ and help in making better ENT surgeons of the future.
The department of ENT is well supported by the department of Audiology and speech pathology to provide comprehensive evaluation and management of patients with hearing, speaking and swallowing difficulties.
It is one of the centres providing cochlear implant surgeries with more than 100 cochlear implant surgeries done so far, and is recognized by the ADIP scheme of Central Government providing treatments for children from lower socioeconomic strata.
Key Features & Core Competencies
- Advanced diagnostic procedures in OPD with dedicated audiology and speech therapy set up
- Micro ear surgeries including cochlear implant
- Endoscopic nose and ear surgeries
- Endoscopic skull base surgeries including pituitary surgeries in collaboration with Neurosurgery, CSF leak repairs.
- Head and Neck Surgeries
- Evaluation and management of snoring and sleep apnea
- Maxillofacial surgeries including facial trauma and facial plasty
- The department has a huge series of laryngotracheal stenosis management with silicone T-Tube insertion with very good results.
- Diagnosis and treatment of nasal allergy
- Diagnosis and treatment of vertigo and headache
- In this COVID era, the department has been actively managing a huge load of mucormycosis with the support of various other departments like Infectious diseases, General Medicine, Ophthalmology
- The department is strongly supported by the School of Audiology and Speech-language Pathology. Various advanced investigations like Electrocochleography, VEMP, VNG, VHIT, FEES, Tinnitus evaluation & retraining, and Stroboscopy are done. Hearing aid trial and dispensing is also done.
- The department has a spacious and well-developed Temporal bone Dissection lab with 7 working stations each equipped with an operating microscope, micromotor drill, and micro-instruments. Every year 3 workshops are conducted with a 1:1 faculty delegate ratio. Till date, more than 250 delegates including PG students, practicing ENT, and neurosurgeons have availed this facility.
- Rural speciality clinics and diagnostic camps, school checkups are also organized by the department.