Introduction of Respiratory Medicine
The Department of Respiratory Medicine offers evaluation and management of all acute and chronic lung diseases on OPD/ IPD basis. Established in 1990. Running DOTS under NTEP since 2000 with increasing case detection and treatment including MDR cases.
Infrastructure & Equipment available
- 1. 2 Video Bronchoscopes
- 1 Semi rigid Video thoracoscopy
- 3. 8 Noninvasive Ventilators
- 1 Portable Spirometer
- 1 PFT machine (Body Box) with spirometry , Lung Volume, diffusion capacity , airways resistance, MIP, MEP.
- 1 Impulse Oscillo meter – FVC, SVC, MVV
Have Invasive/ Non Invasive Ventilation. Nebulisation, Blood Gas analysis, closed pleural biopsy, pleural tapping, thoracoscopy , biopsy, trucut lung biopsy, intercostal tube insertion, 6 minute walk test, pleurodesis facility available.
- Video bronchoscopy unit
- Pulmonary function testing-Spirometry, Body plethysmography, DLCO
- Sleep study
- Image (USG/CT) guided biopsy
- Pleural procedures-Aspiration, Pleural biopsy, Intercostal drainage, Intrapleural fibrinolysis, Pleurodesis.
- Lung cancer screening
- Management of chronic lung diseases on home O2/NIV
- Medical Thoracoscopy
- Tuberculosis OPD
- Screening of symptomatics
- Management of cases including MDR and XDR
- DOTs center under NTEP (case paper free for DOTS cases)
Allergy and Asthma Clinic
Post covid Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Respiratory Rehabilitation /COPD
Dr.Ram B DeoskarHead
Department of Pulmonary Medicine
5 Beds – RICU
Upcoming facilities for patient
- Planning to add sleep study lab and rigid thoracoscopy.